When it comes to marketing your Etsy shop, when last did you sit down to really think up a unique way to use tools and services that you already have access to to leverage your Etsy sales? This week I’m talking with someone who is using Instagram to grow Etsy sales but not just simply by posting pictures of her products.
I “met” Julie Fuller through Instagram where she’s very active. And I had the opportunity to watch one of her live broadcasts on Instagram where she demonstrated how she makes the tassels that she sells in her Etsy shop – Tokyo Blossom Boutique.
I’ve been intrigued by IG’s live broadcasts since they started and Julie’s was the first one I ever was able to actually catch while it was going on.
I really enjoyed the session and was so tickled by the fact that I could interact with Julie and others who were viewing the broadcast in real time… Just like what Twitter used to be before it became the noisy news feed it is today.
One of the other ladies who was viewing suggested I have Julie on the podcast as my guest and I guess I put her in a bit of a spot because I asked her to be my guest live… It all worked out well in the end and as you can guess… This week’s episode is my convo with Julie 🙂
Here’s what you’ll hear us discussing:
- Julie’s journey to America… As one who also grew up outside the U.S. I always enjoy hearing how others got here as well so this part of our convo was more for me than anything else… Thank you for indulging me Julie!
- Julie’s creative influencers and her journey to discovering the proper fit for what products to sell… This will be very encouraging for anyone who feels like they haven’t yet found what clicks
- All about live Instagram broadcasts, Instagram brand reps, and Instagram pods… Are you familiar with these yet?
- How Julie found, joined, and leveraged business communities prior to as well as after opening her Etsy shop
- We also delve into Julie’s creative process, the motivation behind what she does and then some
- Then there’s the whole mindset thing… Creating work for yourself vs. actually accomplishing meaningful tasks when it comes to working on our businesses
- And lots more…
- Photography apps: Phonto on iOS and Android; Camera+ on iOS and Android
- Networking: Instagram Posse (a Facebook group for finding IG Pods) and the Brilliant Business Moms community on Facebook
- Etsy SEO: Marmalead
- Pinterest Course: Brilliant Pin Promotion by Beth Anne of Brilliant Business Moms (I plan to buy this course and do it then I’ll post a review on this site so you if you don’t yet know if you want to invest in it, you can wait just a little bit until I do that)
- Business Conferences: Christy Wright’s Business Boutique
Julie’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- Elly And Grace by Brenna Milleville – Brenna describes herself as a creator fueled by grace, glitter, and podcasts (I love that!) and in her Etsy shop she sells Christian-themed shirts for women and also for children and youths.
- Handmade Knits by Tracy – Tracy sells custom knit and stamped scripture bracelets and accessories. Julie wears a couple of these bracelets which Tracy made because she loves the inspirational message, which she finds encouraging as she perseveres in her Etsy business.
- Etsy shop: Tokyo Blossom Boutique
- Website: TokyoBlossomBoutique.com
- Social media: Instagram ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ Twitter
- Email: TokyoBlossomBoutique [at] yahoo [dot] com
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: