Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s been almost exactly a year since I had Shah on the podcast and this week she’s returning to share a very exciting update about what she’s been up to in the past year.
Shah was my guest back in May 2017 and we talked about her Etsy shop and business Lil Spaces where she sold, amongst other things, her handmade cloud lights. You can have a listen here to Episode 177 to get all caught up if you haven’t listened to it yet.
When we ended our last conversation, Shah mentioned that she planned to work on creating cloud lights 2.0 in addition to diving into book authorship and publishing, and that’s exactly where we pick up the conversation…
In this catch-up conversation, Shah and I talk about:
- A personal life-altering event that happened within the past year
- Taking care of business in the midst of major life disruptions
- The thought process behind writing a book as a complementary addition to your existing product line
- Shah’s journey into book-writing and publishing
- 3-arc structure of writing a book
- Finding and working with an illustrator
- Self-publishing vs. traditional publishing
- Shah’s self-publishing journey >> Creation, publishing and marketing
- How payments work with book publishing
- Mechanics of print-in-demand and POD services
- And lots more…
- Etsy Resolution – an annual challenge of sorts hosted by Etsy Success to help you set up your Etsy shop from the ground up… Currently no dates are set yet for 2018 but you can request to join the Facebook group and be notified when the next session gets scheduled
- IngramSpark – a resource for authors choosing to self-publish their books
- Street Library – homes for books planted in your front yard; they’re a nice way to connect with your neighbors by sharing books and passing along the joy of reading in your neighborhood. if you’re in the U.S. then check out Little Free Library to get involved in setting this up in your own community.
- Shah’s book – The Little Cloud Who Was Afraid Of The Dark – this link is for the product page and on it you will find the different outlets that you can order a copy from depending on where you are based geographically
Connect with Shah
- Email: Shah [at] LilSpaces [dot] com
Subscribe to The Seller’s Resource – an all-audio content library of Etsy tutorials, Etsy news, & updates…
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: