Podcast: Play in new window | Download
You’ve probably heard the murmurs amongst the Etsy community… The dreaded fear of having your Etsy shop shut down by the powers that be at Etsy corporate for what may seem like no apparent reason.
Well, I have too and this week I get to speak with Medina King of MK Kids Interiors who just went through this not too long ago.
Medina runs both an interior design company for children as well as the Etsy shop MK Kids Interiors where she sells a line of products, including felt ball/pom pom garlands, that are used for decorating kids rooms (and more).
When Medina and I initially started making plans for this podcast episode, she happened to be going through the process of working with Etsy to get her shop reinstated, which they had recently shut down.
We talk ALL about that in our conversation and I am so grateful to Medina for sharing her experience and helping to shed light on what can be a very distressing and frightening experience for sellers affected by such shut downs.
Medina first started selling her artwork on Etsy in 2014 and didn’t make a sale for about a year or so… The artwork she thought would sell in the marketplace turned out to not be what the market wanted…
In our conversation you’ll hear her describe how she discovered what her bestseller would be. It all happened in the most unexpected way and at the most unexpected time…
In this week’s episode, you’ll hear Medina and I talk about:
- What Medina had to go through and what she had to do in order to get her Etsy shop reinstated
- The after-effects of having her Etsy shop shut down
- How Medina manages her time between running her interior design company, her Etsy shop, and being a mother
- Getting featured on Houzz and how doing so can be beneficial for those in the interior design and home decor niche
- Social media marketing strategies
- Medina’s advice to new sellers/business owners
- Photography tips and techniques, especially when working in sub-optimal weather conditions
- Phone number for Etsy – still elusive… However, you can request a call from Etsy here!
- Adobe Photoshop – software for graphic design
Best Ways to Reach Medina
- Email: info [at] MKKidsInteriors [dot] com
- Social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (MK Kids Interiors), Instagram (Felt Goodness)
- If you struggle to keep up with the Etsy Success emails (and other educational materials from Etsy), OR if you’ve fallen behind in going through the Seller Handbook…
- Then sit back, press play, and get caught up one recording at a time.
- Get on the early notification list now at ConvoMe.com/ReadToMe and you’ll get notified by me once it launches.
- When you sign up, you’ll get immediate access to the entire library of audio recordings not available on the free ConvoMe.com site or anywhere else…
- Then stick around because I add new audio content to the library continuously.
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: