You’ve probably heard that one good way to get exposure for your Etsy shop is to get featured on a blog. That’s true…
However, when it comes to selecting which blog to have your Etsy shop featured on, not all blogs are created equal…for your shop, that is… 🙂
One thing I have noticed that some sellers don’t take the time to do is their homework on the blogs that they want to be featured on.
It goes without saying, but perhaps it bears repeating…
Even though bloggers feature Etsy shops not all blogs are an appropriate venue for your shop to be featured on.
Points to consider when partnering with bloggers:
Before approaching a blogger to feature your Etsy shop here are some things to consider to help you decide if their blog is a good fit for you:
- Who is the blog’s primary audience?
- Is their target market also yours i.e. are they the same people that would be interested in buying what you are selling?
- What type of feature on the blog will your shop get i.e. full featured blog post, a passing mention in an Etsy shop roll call, product feature (just one or multiple), etc.?
- Will you have any input in the final copy? What about product selection if it’s a featured product review?
- Don’t discount or overlook seemingly “small” blogs… Just because a blogger has a small audience doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t have a good reach. Smaller audiences of a targeted well-focused blog are a prime audience and tend to be a more “qualified” audience for the niche the blogger targets. More niched means they may be readier to buy…
Where to find willing bloggers
Okay, so you now know some of the things to look for and how to weed through the plethora of blogs to get your shop or product featured, so where and how do you even begin to find all these willing bloggers?
Here’s a NOT exhaustive list of places to start your search:
- Etsy teams that cater to matching bloggers with Etsy shop owners – some are more active than others, some seem more focused and organized than others… You might have do a bit of searching but there are some gems to be found.
- Facebook groups for blogs that have very active communities… Do a Facebook group search for blogs in your niche (you don’t have to actually join them if you don’t want to) then see how active and interactive the group and members are.
- Feedly is a nice tool for finding and subscribing to blogs that interest you. Again, to use it to find bloggers you don’t have to actually subscribe to them but you can search for blogs in your niche (i.e. the types of products you make or sell) and then peruse for which ones you might like to be featured on.
- BlogCatalog and Bloggeries are sites that feature directories of blogs. Some of these are really dated so you might have to do a bit of digging but here’s a pro-tip for you… Bloggers like to comment on other blogs to get a link back to their own blogs so do visit the comments section of the blogs you find here and discover more blogs that may not be listed in the directory. The bloggers who comment are typically very open to working with others 😉
- Don’t forget to look at the Blogroll of your favorite blogs if they have one…
Have you had a good experience partnering with a blogger to get exposure for your Etsy shop? Please share in the comments section below.
Did you see these other posts in the Tips for Selling on Etsy series?
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com