So we’re up to Number Six in this “Tips For Selling On Etsy” series and I sincerely hope you’re finding them helpful. And now let’s talk about keeping your buyers and people who have showed an interest in your products and business engaged.
Okay… So you now have buyers and you know that they like your stuff because they’ve spent money to get it… So what do you do next?
#1: Invite them to get on your mailing list
If you don’t already have one, sign up with a company that will send email newsletters and updates to folks on your behalf. You’ll need to do this first so that when you invite people to get on your list you’ll have a place to store all their email addresses and be able to easily send them updates.
Here are some email services you can consider using (this is not an exhaustive list but it’s a good start):
- MailChimp – you can get a free account and it stays free until you have over 2,000 people on your mailing list, then they start to charge you starting at $10 for 500 subscribers if you don’t want a limit on how many emails you can send, then on and on…
- I have used this one before. It was pretty simple to use and has a nice clean interface but I just didn’t love it
- Aweber – you get the first month free then you start getting charged a monthly fee based on the number of people on your list (even if you have zero people on your list)
- I have used this one also but it had way more tools and functionality than I needed, so I moved to something I found simpler to use
- MadMimi – also offers you a free account until you get over 100 people on your list then you move to the next plan which is $42 for up to 10,000 subscribers
- This is what I use now for my own mailing list and I love it! 🙂
#2: Let them know where to find you online
So everyone knows you won’t be on Etsy all the time, but do your buyers know where they can find you and connect with you?
You’re running a business and you want to be easily accessible to your customers so be sure to include links to your social media accounts and make it as easy as possible to get that next sale by being easy to find online.
Etsy makes this easy to do on your About page so if you haven’t populated that page with your social media account information yet, then open up another window right now and do it…
It’s as easy as copying and pasting so don’t miss this great opportunity to stay connected with your buyers.
Do it once and you’re done!
More Tips For Selling on Etsy:
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com