Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
I first “met” Hannah on Instagram when she DM’ed me (I love getting IG DMs by the way) to let me know how she had found success on Etsy amidst the pandemic and after losing her jobs as a result of it.
She has quite a remarkable story and I am thrilled that she’s on the podcast now sharing it in person.
Contrary to her Etsy shop name, Hannah is a special educator in her 20s. She first opened her Etsy shop – Granny Hannie – in 2019, but being a full-time college student with a full-time job made focusing on it rather difficult. Then 2020 happened and she lost both of her jobs.
But instead of feeling down and turing to unemployment, she doubled down and devoted a good portion of her time in quarantine to building her brand and business.
All that hard work paid off! From June 2020 to January 2021, she was able to sell over 600 items and make over $16,000 from those sales. Well, those figures have been steadily rising and in our convo today she shares the details of how she was abele to do that and how she’s keeping this momentum going.
- Changing niches on Etsy
- Branding and marketing a business on TikTok and Reddit
- Live streaming do’s and don’ts
- Learning lessons from past mistakes and growing from them
- And lots more…
Hannah’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- Stylish Geek – a clothing and accessory store run by Julia, a self-taught seamstress and cosplay enthusiast.
- Mikay Crafts – a treasure trove of unique handmade jewelry (and more) run by Mikailyn.
- Teachers Pay Teachers – online platform for educators to buy and sell teaching and educational resources
- TikTok – social media platform
- iPromise Program – charitable program set up by basketball player LeBron James
Connect With Hannah
- Etsy shop: Granny Hannie
- Instagram: @granny_hannie.etsy
- TikTok: @granny_hannie
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast