Rachel Potucek is my guest this week and she runs the Etsy shop The People’s Soap Company. She also started her own ecommerce website PeoplesSoap.com at around the same she opened up her Etsy shop so she provides some great insight into the ins and outs of running both, time management, ROI (return on investment) from each, etc.
It’s been quite a busy and successful first year for Rachel and we talk about some of her first year’s hits and misses, just as importantly, we also discuss her definition of success and how one’s definition of success can determine your own outlook when it comes to your business.
What you see on Etsy when it comes to the number of sales a seller has is not necessarily the whole story. Rachel went big in her first year by diving into wholesale, and private label products on top of individual customer sales.
- Landing corporate clients; private-label products
- Creating relationships locally for local sourcing
- Creatively using free Facebook services for marketing your business …Genius…
- Methods for determining final product pricing
- Book – Words for Wise Women by Katherine Jordan
Best ways to reach Rachel:
- Email: Hello [at] PeoplesSoap [dot] com
- Etsy shop: The People’s Soap Company
- Website: PeoplesSoap.com
- Social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com