Being an entrepreneur can be lonely, but luckily there is a wealth of resources and support available on the internet. Today on the podcast, Sarah Sewell from The Joyful Entrepreneur is here to share her knowledge about coaching, finding support, and so much more!
Sarah got her start working online as an Etsy shop owner, creating products within the wedding niche. Although she loved running her shop, she realized that she had a passion for helping others with their businesses. Sarah made the transition to becoming a handmade seller coach.
After months of coaching, Sarah found herself appalled at the amount of negativity in existing groups for creative business owners. She wanted to create a sense of community centered on positivity, so she created The Joyful Entrepreneur Facebook group. Today that group has over 16,000 members!
Sarah has since started another group coaching program called Flourish. Flourish is a monthly subscription program that allows experts in every field to put their heads together to grow their shops and increase their sales.
She also is the co-creator of Handmade Seller Magazine, a digital publication that serves as a tool to help sellers optimize their Etsy shops, and improve all aspects of their business.
On today’s show, Sarah explains the most common mistakes creative businesses make, how to find a supportive community, and the importance of cultivating a positive mindset. Don’t miss episode 134 of the Etsy Conversations Podcast to hear all of Sarah’s insight into the world of creative business!
Tweetable: “You should always follow your bliss!”
The Joyful Entrepreneur – Topics Discussed
- How do you know if a subscription to Flourish is right for you?
- How should you determine which social media platforms are right for your business?
- What are the five pillars of e-commerce that can take your Etsy shop to the next level?
- How can you determine if a Facebook group is a valuable resource?
- Sarah shares the first piece of advice she gives to all of her members.
- And much more!
The Abundance Factor
Words That Sell, by Richard Bayan
Phrases That Sell, by Edward Werz and Sally Germain
Raving Fans, by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles
Sarah’s favorite resources on The Joyful Entrepreneur!
Best ways to reach Sarah
- The Joyful Entrepreneur web site
- Sarah Sewell on Twitter
- The Joyful Entrepreneur on Facebook
- The Joyful Entrepreneur Facebook Group
- Flourish Group Coaching Program
- Handmade Seller Magazine
- Email Sarah
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations - This is where I'm connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: