My guest this week is Tara Jacobsen of Paperly People. Tara is also a 15-year marketing expert and when I learned that she recently opened up her brand new Etsy shop, Paperly People, I was very interested to learn how her marketing background was helping her as an Etsy business owner and wanted her to share some marketing tips and information with us.
You can learn all about Tara’s marketing services at MarketingArtfully.com and also see what she’s done in that arena in the past.
Tara’s also a professional speaker so get ready for a long and very detailed conversation.
I’m very grateful to have had her as my guest as she shared lots of valuable information and agreed to use me as a case study to test out how well the service packages she offers Etsy sellers work, so stay tuned for the “before and after” follow up episode to see how things panned out 😉
Topics we discussed:
- The joys of marketing
- Knowing the right time to get help
- Know who your perfect customer (or “avatar”) is
- Time management for multi-passionate entrepreneurs and busy parents
- Etsy shop promotion (it’s always nice to learn how a professional marketer gets things done… 😉 )
- Social media marketing strategies
- And much much more…
- Crowdfire – for finding and removing inactive Twitter followers
- Marmalead – tool for Etsy SEO and keyword research
- Canva – for creating graphics e.g. shop banner, logo, etc.
- Treasury Box – for curating items you like
Tara’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut:
- Created By Danielle1 – she makes cute and adorable paper clips and page markers (tell her Tara sent you 🙂 )
Best ways to reach Tara:
- Websites: MarketingArtfully and PaperlyPeople
- Etsy shop: Paperly People
- Twitter: @TARAdactyl and @PaperlyPeople
- Pinterest: TaraJacobsen and PaperlyPeople
- Instagram: @TaraJacobsen and @PaperlyPeople
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com