I'm so glad that you're considering submitting a guest post. Hopefully you've read my explanation of the Benefits of Guest Posting. If you haven't, I strongly suggest that you do... It's a good opportunity for you to understand the "why" of guest posting as well as what's in it for your business. 🙂
Done that...? Great!
Here are the guidelines for submitting guest posts to ConvoMe.com.
Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Please be aware that submission of a guest post does not guarantee that it will be published. All submissions will be reviewed and if I think your post will benefit the Etsy Conversations community, and it follows the guidelines below, then it is likely to be published.
Authors & Content
- You should have a great track record of writing awesome content on your own blog.
- Don't have a blog? Not a problem! As long as your post follows the submission guidelines, I'll still consider it for publication.
- Submitted articles should be detailed and unique (no topics that have been beaten to death please)... At least 1,000 words, with no fluff.
- Unique and original content (only) = not published anywhere else online
- No recycled articles or posts - all submissions will checked for plagiarism and duplicated or similar articles.
- No spammy content and no links to spammy content.
Additional Content Guidelines
- No spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors - because of time constraints, submissions that require an excessive amount of editing will not be accepted
- Submitted content must fit in with the theme of this site
- You may link out to other sites, including your own, as long as the links help to educate readers. Links that don't fit this criteria will be removed.
- Your Bio:
- Should only contain 1 or 2 links - either to your website, social media channel, Etsy shop, or blog.
- Your Submitted Post:
- Should contain a minimum of 4 links - yes, that's "minimum"... Lots of posts have already been written by lots of people, so rather than regurgitate the same information, you can simply link out to the sites that have already covered the topic 🙂
- You agree that once a post or an article is published on the ConvoMe.com site, copyright ownership of that content is transferred entirely over to me. This helps me deal with any DMCA-related issues. 🙂
- If your submission is published, you agree to respond to comments left on the blog in response to your guest post
- Even the simplest reply is sufficient, just as long as you respond and acknowledge that someone has commented
Want to increase your chances of getting published? Here are some additional tips:
- Preference will be given to authors who demonstrate a truly genuine interest in ConvoMe.com or the Etsy Conversations podcast as a reader or subscriber.
- You can join the EtsyConvo Community for priority consideration
- Submissions with a "visit my site" or "check out my product" type of feeling or call to action as well as those that appear to be purely for PR or "SEO juice" will be swiftly rejected.
- I encourage you to use bullet points, lists and short paragraphs liberally because this makes articles and posts much easier to read.
- Include at least one relevant image (provide attribution/credits in the body of your post so I can include it in the post).
- If you're submitting a tutorial, using a screenshot for an image is perfectly acceptable
- Please credit all sources, references, facts, and figures that you use or quote.
- Your bio should be nice and short - 50 words or less.
Need Blog Post Ideas?
Are you struggling with ideas for relevant guest post topics...?
The Etsy Conversations community is made up of current and aspiring Etsy sellers who use the resources provided here to help grow and nurture their handmade and creative businesses.
We can help each other by sharing tips and techniques for better or more efficient selling, inspiration for product lines, information about best business practices for the creative entrepreneur, "Best of", "How to", or "Top resources for"-type articles, productivity tips and techniques, etc. Anything that fits with the ethos of creative entrepreneurs helping other creative entrepreneurs.
Hopefully, that helps to get your creative juices flowing.
Please note that at this time, no monetary compensation will be offered for guest posts. However, if five (5) of your submitted articles get published in a given calendar year, you will be eligible to get a free year of membership to the Etsy Conversations Premium Content subscription.
If your submitted post is accepted, it typically takes between 6-8 weeks for your post to be published. I aim to notify you within 4-6 weeks if your submitted post is not accepted so that you may submit it to another blog.
I will typically publish 1-2 guest posts per week and though I cannot tell you ahead of time what date your post will be published, I do my best to notify you the day it goes live.
I appreciate your interest and support, and hope that by becoming an Etsy Conversations guest author, you'll continue to engage with the EtsyConvo community by reading, sharing, and commenting on other posts.