Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Starting An Etsy Shop ~ Lessons Learned So Far
Suze Emina is back and we’re picking up where she left on in starting and Etsy shop.
In our convo this week, we catch up on the progress she’s made in her new Etsy shop Ruby Suze Art and laying the foundation for next steps in her Etsy shop journey.
Among the lessons learned and issues encoutered so far, Suze talks about:
- Her excitement over sales from strangers
- Problems with her print-on-demand vendor and having to pull some POD products out of her shop as a result
- Investing in POD equipment vs. using maker spaces
- Issuing refunds
- Managing an Etsy shop while working full time (there’s some encouragement and validation here for everyone else who is in the same shoes as Suze)
- Figuring out international shipping and plans for streamlining her shipping process
- Outsourcing tasks >> listing descriptions and Pinterest management
- And so much more
Next Steps for Suze’s Etsy Shop Setup
- Review categories and sub-categories, update as necessary
- Add attributes (and why these, in conjunction with categories and sub-categories, are integral to showing up in Etsy Search)
- Review Listing Titles
- Complete Etsy Shop Policies
- Creating Snippets in Conversations
- Research additional POD vendors (in lieu of pulling good sellers from her Etsy shop)
- Previous Etsy Conversations podcast episodes:
- Fiverr – site to find freelancers and gig workers to outsource some Etsy admin tasks to
- Alternative print-on-demand vendors – Cafe Press, Zazzle, and Red Bubble
Connect With Suze
- Etsy shop: Ruby Suze Art
- Instagram: @RubySuzeCreates
- YouTube channel: Ruby Suze Creates
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast