Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Tabitha Carro is my guest this week and she’s a former elementary school teacher who turned her side hustle into a full-time business.
Now she runs the Smartphone Marketing School where she teaches business owners how to leverage their smartphones when it comes to social media marketing.
Having run her own Etsy shop in the past while simultaneously selling digital teaching products to other teachers on the platform Teachers Pay Teachers, Tabitha had to figure out how to work social media marketing into her sales strategy.
In our convo today, she shares how that journey led her to create the Smartphone Marketing Academy (SPMS) and how her experience on Etsy gave her insight into how to help sellers with their own social media marketing strategies.
We discuss the following:
- Best/ideal social media platforms for Etsy sellers
- How sellers of digital products can use social media to share their products just as well as sellers of physical products
- The importance of using video as a part of one’s social media marketing strategy
- Useful apps for storing and editing photos (both Android and iOS)
- Behind the curtains of SPMS membership (and how you can get in) and Tabitha’s free CouchHustlers course
- Lots more about social media and even some handy social media strategy tips
- Smartphone Marketing School (quarterly enrollment; next enrollment period is March 10-25, 2018)
- Tabitha’s FREE CouchHustler Course
- Tabitha’s top app recommendations (at least for now): Google Photos (for storage) for iOS and Android and A Color Story (for photo editing) for iOS and Android
- Google Analytics app for iOS and Android
- Pexels.com – an stock photo site
- Other apps mentioned: Phonto for iOS and Android, Over, Enlight Video Leap
- Teachers Pay Teachers – a site for teachers to sell educational products and teaching aids they’ve created to other teachers
- Previous podcast episodes referenced:
- Episode 213 – where Michelle discussed her success with picking one social media platform and getting really good at it
- Episode 201 – where Lesley Hays talked in-depth about the importance of understanding your shop analytics and data
- Julie of Tokyo Blossom’s Instagram account @tokyoblossom… Check it out, you might catch her doing an IG Story video one day 🙂
- Instagram: @SmartphoneMarketingSchool
- Website: TabithaCarro.com home of the Smartphone Marketing School
- Email: Tabitha [at] SmartphoneMarketingSchool [dot] com
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: