Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
I’m starting a brand new series here on the podcast and I have a brave soul who has volunteered to walk through this with me.
Ruby Suze aka Susan Emina is an artist and illustrator and she is just starting out her journey on Etsy. In this series, we will be walking through how to set up her shop from the ground up and grow it into a successful store.
We start from the very beginning so if you’re a new seller, this will be a great series to follow along with and if you’re a veteran seller, this will be a great way to find some steps you might have missed along the way or new things Etsy has put in place that you might not yet have gotten around to taking care of yet.
- Setting goals for a new Etsy shop
- Reasons for choosing Etsy versus other ecommerce marketplaces
- Deciding on which products to sell and selecting a market niche
- Figuring out which, if any, social media platform to focus on to help with marketing
- And more…
In this first session with Suze, we go over some the very foundational steps involved in starting a new Etsy shop. The steps we go over in this session are:
- Setting up an Etsy account
- Picking a shop name – distinguishing between the different names on Etsy
- Creating shop settings and the importance of filling out all the sections
- Overview of determining product pricing