Have you ever considered leaving your day job to focus solely on running your Etsy shop? Today on the podcast, Linda from Rustica Jewelry, is here to share how she made the jump from working in a dead-end job to building her own business!
Rustica Jewelry is a line of handmade, Southwest-inspired jewelry. The collection contains pieces of boho earrings, necklaces, and more crafted from materials such as copper and turquoise.
When Linda started making jewelry, she had a job in science that she didn’t love plus a three-hour daily commute! Her Etsy shop became profitable, but because of her hectic schedule, she had no extra time to dedicate to growing the business. Linda didn’t make a business plan or try to replace her income, but she did make the switch to full-time artist by reducing her expenses and making deliberate improvements to her business.
As the sole owner and maker of Rustica Jewelry, Linda has learned a lot about what it takes to not only be an artist, but also a businesswoman. On today’s show, she elaborates on her marketing strategy outside of social media, and explains the invaluable lessons she’s learned working with a wholesale representative. Don’t miss episode 128 of the Etsy Conversations Podcast to hear Linda’s journey!
Tweetable: “You’ve got to be confident.”
Rustica Jewelry – Topics Discussed
- What is the best budget-friendly resource for learning business skills?
- What habit is necessary to gain traction on Pinterest?
- The two things you need to know about before starting your Etsy shop!
- How can you find a reliable wholesale representative?
- Why you shouldn’t necessarily try to match your salary before leaving your job!
- And more!
Linda’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
Best ways to reach Linda
- Rustica Jewelry Etsy Shop
- Rustica Jewelry website
- Rustica Jewelry on Pinterest
- Rustica Jewelry on Facebook
- Email Linda
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: