Have you ever considered running an eco-friendly Etsy shop because you’re environmentally conscious and want your business to reflect that?
Are you like me in that you assumed that the cost of running an eco-friendly Etsy shop and business might make your venture not hugely profitable?
Well, in this convo, I have the pleasure of talking with Liz McDade; she runs the Etsy shop No Trace Shop and her business is all about sustainability and zero waste. Most importantly, she debunked a lot of the incorrect ideas I had about what it takes to run an environmentally friendly business successfully and still make a profit!
In celebration and honor of Earth Day which was on Monday April 22nd, hopefully my discussion with Liz will inspire new ideas that you can start to incorporate in your own business to take steps to protect our environment.
Confession… The timing of the airing of my convo with Liz happened to coincide with Earth Day, it wasn’t planned but it was serendipitous 🙂
Liz and I also discuss:
- Sourcing materials from eco-friendly suppliers
- Liz’s decision to make Etsy her primary sales platform
- A day in the life of No Trace Shop… How she handles daily activities involved in running an Etsy shop
- Her social media strategies
- Selling at Farmers’ Markets and learning/doing market research with live customers
- Wholesale… Deciding what to sell and what not to sell on wholesale
- Knowing when to end a product line
- And lots more…
Liz’s Etsy Shop Shoutouts
- UrbApothecary – Leyna makes plant-centered organic skin care products
- EvNo – Amanda makes jewelry and leggings and tops made with her own original art on fabric
- Etsy Shop by Frédéric Sheedy – WordPress plugin to enables you to re-direct product listings on your website to go through the checkout process on Etsy
- Trello – project management tool
- Fab Scrap – purveyors of fabrics recycled from New York fashion designers, interior designers, costume designers, etc.
- Pixabay – site for getting royalty-free stock photos
- MailChimp – email newsletter management system
- Backtsy – tool for backing up your Etsy shop data. Listen to my convo with Noam and Sigal Zakai, founders of Backtsy in Ep.233
- Square – mobile credit card reader
- Canva – online photo-editing tool
- Evernote – note-taking app/tool
Connect With Liz
Connect With Me:
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: