Do you ever feel like running a successful product-based business is just out of reach for you?
Well, after you listen to my convo with Kelly Parker Smith, I’m pretty sure you’ll feel very differently. No more shroud of mystery about how other sellers are doing it, Kelly is an open book and she’s very generous about sharing what she knows and helping other Etsy sellers.
Kelly runs the Etsy shop Hello World Stamps and that’s just the beginning…
She opened her shop in 2014 and today, over 19,500 sales and more than $500K in sales later, she also runs her own ecommerce website, offers engraving services to other Etsy sellers, co-hosts a podcast for creative business owners, and teaches Etsy sellers how to go from hobby and/or part-time selling to full-time entrepreneurs!
And that’s all while being happy wife to husband Nathan, mama of three boys and Katniss the kitty 🙂
Naturally, one of the first things I wanted to know was how she does it all, and Kelly didn’t hold back. From time management tips to helpful tools and resources, Kelly shared tons of great information about what has and hasn’t worked for her in her business and how that can help other sellers.
We also talk about:
- Some fundamentals of building a product-based business and the great course Kelly created to help new and struggling/stuck sellers be successful (check it out in the resources section below)
- How to get the highly coveted “media coverage” that many sellers desire
- Timing… Knowing when and if to close an Etsy shop and knowing when and how to figure out the best time to quit your day job (there isn’t one formula but she shares some great guidelines to use)
- Hiring help and scaling your business… I learned that sometimes doing what doesn’t seem intuitive can be the better move for your business… Listen to our convo and you’ll understand what I mean 😉
- Product pricing strategies
- Nurturing your email list
- And just so much more…
- Kelly’s course – Etsy Action Plan (for beginning sellers and those who have been selling on Etsy but are stuck or struggling to move the needle)
- Kelly’s podcast – Creative Biz Rebellion
- Pricing course – Creative Founders
- Pinterest & Instagram scheduling tool – Tailwind
- All-in-One shipping platform for multi-channel (or single channel) online sellers – ShipStation
- Business suite of productivity products – G-Suite (formerly Google Apps)
- Organizational tool, great for when you with a team – Trello
Connect With Kelly
- Etsy shop: Hello World Stamps
- Website: HelloPaperWorldCo.com
- Facebook group: Creative Biz Rebellion
- Email: Kelly [at] HelloWorldPaperCo [dot] com
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: