Podcast: Play in new window | Download
If you missed the most recent Q&A session with Etsy’s current CEO, Josh Silverman, which was held over in the Etsy forums on December 13th, 2017, then I’ve got you covered in this episode.
I waded through the Etsy Forum thread where the session was held and in this week’s episode I am giving you a recap of the questions that Josh answered and what his responses were.
The topics ranged from Etsy search (a perennial favorite) to the future of Pattern by Etsy… From the future of vintage and antiques on Etsy to Etsy’s content-specific rankings (CSR), and much much more.
Prior to this particular Q&A, Josh did a video that was sort of a “state of the Etsy Union” and in some of his responses, he referenced this video recording. you can find it below in the Resources Mentioned so you can watch it and understand his responses that back to it.
Even though the Etsy Forums are open and public, I thought it would be nice to link back to the shops of the people whose questions were answered by Josh Silverman so you can check them out… You will find those links below.
Let’s continue this conversation… Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think about the information Josh shared… Or come on over and join the Etsy Conversations Facebook group (see link below as well) and start or join a discussion about this Q&A session.
Etsy Shops Mentioned
- Land and Sea Gems
- The Old Barn Door
- Emma Wyatt Art
- Personal Design Boutique (unfortunately, I couldn’t find a link to this Etsy shop)
- Maiden Lane Boutique
- Glass Palace Arts
- Custom Portrait Art
- Sawtooth Wood Design
- Mountain Spirit Jewels
- H Briggs Photography
- Ivan And Lucy
- Aimeez Artz
- Green Bee KC Tea Towels
- Josh Silverman’s video address
- Etsy Forum Q&A with Josh Silverman thread
- Etsy Forum Q&A with Althea Erickson, Etsy’s Global Policy Director
- Etsy Conversations Podcast Episode 199 and Episode 197
- New York Times article: Inside the Revolution at Etsy
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: