Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Leigh Nodar is a watercolor artist and she runs two Etsy shops – Leigh Barry Watercolor and Leigh Barry Irish. She sells her own original art and fine art prints of her paintings and recently expanded into POD… but not like most others are doing it, as you’ll learn in our convo.
After hearing from numerous co-workers that they’d quit their jobs if they could create the type of art she did, Leigh decided to make a go for it.
Within a year she was able to match her salary as a nurse and actually quit nursing to pursue creating and selling her art full time. Hear the full story and much in our convo this week.
- Working with POD services vs. DIY
- Learning SEO (search engine optimization) and how that became a game-changer in her business and sales
- The sublimating process… what it involves and how it stacks up to POD in Leigh’s experience
- A day in the life of…
- Product pricing strategies
- Gift shows (not to be confused with craft fairs or vender shows)
- Google ads vs. Pinterest vs. Facebook ads
- Future plans for the Leigh Barry franchise
- And so much more…
Leigh’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- Martin Barry Art – this is Leigh’s dad’s Etsy shop! He sells his own original pen and ink watercolor artwork of landmarks. You’ll a bit more about him and the influence he had on Leigh’s art career in our convo.
- Ever Blooming Originals – Colette and Ceanne were my guests on the podcast on Episode 267 back in April 2020. Leigh found them and the info they shared to be very heplful.
- Epson scanner – Leigh uses this as part of her larger process (sorry, not sure what model but check out the links below to connect with her and ask her)
- Sublimation printer
Connect With Leigh:
- Etsy shops: Leigh Barry Watercolor and Leigh Barry Irish
- Website: LeighBarryWatercolors.com
- Email: Lnodar [at] comcast [dot] net
- Instagram: LeighBarryWatercolors