Planning for your wedding day can be stressful. There are so many things to consider >> What type of flowers to pick… Where to have the reception >> Which dress you love the most >> How to coordinate the colors of your bridesmaids dresses with the groom’s and his groomsmen party… Not to mention trying to find the perfect stationery to send out invitations, date cards, and engagement announcements!
My guest on the show today, Khin Johnson, runs the Etsy shop PaperBoundLove, and she recently had to go through all of the planning and prep-work for her big day two years ago. It was through this process, while creating her own wedding invitations, that she realized this is what she wanted to do for the rest of her life!
Khin graduated as an engineer in 2015, but following her passion and taking the advice and support of her husband, she decided to turn her graphic design skills toward the wedding planning industry. Before opening her wedding stationery shop on Etsy, she owned another shop where she sold crochet items.
After opening PaperBoundLove, she quickly learned how successful the business could be. In just three short months, her income grew to match the same amount she would have earned as an engineer – plus, she was doing something she loved and was passionate about!
That’s a great win-win!
Today, Khin and her husband run two Etsy shops together – Paper Bound Love and From Flora With Love. We talk about working with one’s spouse and how they divide the labor. Khin’s husband helps her with the marketing and advertising side of the business to allow her to focus more exclusively on the designing and creating. He’s been one of her biggest support systems throughout the launch and success of both shops and right now they are currently working to expand their businesses so that her husband can quit his job and help her with the shops on a full-time basis… Sounds like a folllow-up podcast episode in the making to me 😉
Khin and her husband live in Adelaide, Australia with her feline business partner, Panda. In our Etsy Convo, she shares some of her experiences throughout the course of her wedding stationery designing career, tips for other entrepreneurs wanting to get their feet wet in the wedding market, and provides powerful tips on tools she uses every day to help her grow her business and market her products.
[bctt tweet=”Research the mkt & do ur homework if u truly want 2 b successful in the #wedding niche @PaperBoundLove” username=”ConvoMePodcast”]
Paper Bound Love – Topics Discussed
- Hear Khin’s beautifully romantic story of how she got started selling on Etsy
- Listen to Khin’s explanation of what she is doing differently now with her two shops that has made such a huge impact on the successful outcome of her businesses compared to her first Etsy forays
- Learn what one of the biggest challenges she has had to overcome as an entrepreneur has been and the steps she has taken to avoid it in the future
- Dividing time between two Etsy shops
- Being open to the international market and how that has helped improve and grow Khin’s online business
- Marketing her products and the tools she uses to help her promote her Etsy shops
Paper Bound Love – Resources Mentioned
- Google Translate
- Google Ads
- Etsy Promoted Listings
- Dalia Abdalla’s Etsy Mastermind (don’t forget to check out our interview episodes with Dalia – Episode 136 and Episode 121)
Khin’s Etsy Shop Shout Outs
- Eindra With Love – Khin’s sister’s Etsy shop offering beautifully handmade scarves.
Best Ways to Reach Khin
- Website: PaperBoundLove.com
- Etsy Shop #2: From Flora With Love
- Etsy Shop #1: PaperBoundLove
- Social media: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: