My guest is Danielle Vincent and she and her husband Russ are the brains behind Outlaw Soaps: Handmade Soaps and Lotions.
They started off with an independent ecommerce business on their own website Outlaw Soaps and then expanded the wholesale line of their business onto Etsy in their shop Outlaw Store.
Danielle spent 10 years working as a corporate Digital Product Manager before she quit to start making a living making and selling soaps.
Topics we discuss:
- Running a business with a spouse and the division of labor
- Focusing on using Etsy primarily for bulk wholesale orders rather than individual retail orders
- All things Shopify for running an ecommerce website
- Blogging for marketing
- Approaching the press and media outlets to get exposure for your brand and product
- Chuck Revell (photographer) – RevellRay.com
- Lucky Break Consulting – home of the Price-O-Matic tool for determining product pricing
- GirlBoss – Sophia Amoruso
- Shopify – ecommerce-building platform
- Indie Business Network
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos & Etsy shop promos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com