Onyii Brown is the fashion designer behind Onyii & Co… I actually found out about her through my brother who saw her fashion show during New York Fashion Week 2015 and when I learned that she got her start on Etsy I knew I just had to have her on the podcast.
I was so curious to find out how she made the leap from Etsy to the most highly sought after runway in the world and she’s here this week sharing her story and how it happened every step of the way.
I love how she describes how she reacted when she was pushed into a corner and forced to make choices and how she overcame the odds… Starting with a sewing machine that she didn’t even really know how to use! 🙂
- Differentiating oneself from the competition in a saturated field
- The importance of humble beginnings
- Handling the struggle between being secure and following one’s passion
- Always learning and growing and why this is a must for all entrepreneurs
- Future plans for Onyii & Co.
Best ways to reach Onyii:
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com