Podcast: Play in new window | Download
When it comes to your target market, have you thought outside the box? Matthew and Jeremy of Northern Crescent Iron are here today to share how their trade of blacksmithing led them to an unexpected business—the wedding industry!
Because of marketplaces like Etsy, Northern Crescent Iron saw the opportunity to change the client base for their knives and bottle openers. Today, they market the product specifically to grooms, selling the items in groups, as well as offering customization. Northern Crescent Iron offers quick shipping and excellent customer service for last-minute grooms.
On today’s show, Matthew and Jeremy shed light on the evolution of Etsy, how they’ve learned to listen to the market, and the exact customer service tactics they use to set themselves apart from competitors.
As 10-year Etsy veterans, Matthew and Jeremy have a vast expanse of knowledge and experience to share. Don’t miss episode 130 of the Etsy Conversations Podcast!
Tweetable: “Customer service is key.”
Northern Crescent Iron – Topics Discussed
- What change on Etsy sparked an immediate change in their sales?
- How can having a large inventory help your business rise above your competition?
- How to determine if fundraising is appropriate for your product.
- Why Etsy is a game-changer for the blacksmithing industry.
- Learn from Matthew and Jeremy’s honest website struggles.
- And more!
Matthew and Jeremy’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
Naz Forge – groomsmen gifts crafted from iron
Etsy Seller Mastermind – coaching and webinars for Etsy shop owners
Handmade at Amazon
Fund on Etsy
Fireside Chat with Etsy: Search
Best ways to reach Matthew and Jeremy
- Northern Crescent Iron Etsy Shop
- Northern Crescent Iron website
- Northern Crescent Iron on Facebook
- Northern Crescent Iron on Twitter
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: