Some people start a business based on passion, while others find success following what the market demands. Here to share her experience starting a faux fur business, and being exposed to a world outside her own is Veronica of Modern Pelage!
At Modern Pelage, Veronica crafts faux fur costumes for cosplayers and ravers. The majority of Veronica’s work consists of custom orders. She also creates items inspired by new, exciting fabrics.
Making custom orders for customers across the world keeps Veronica busy full-time. Not only does this customer base allow her to learn more about the world of cosplaying and raves, but working from home also allows her to follow her passion, acting.
Today on the show, we discuss how she got her start in the faux fur business, her experience rebranding and renaming her Etsy shop, plus how she attracts traffic in a specific market. Don’t miss episode 132 of the Etsy Conversations Podcast to hear how Veronica created a business to support her personal aspirations, and more!
Modern Pelage – Topics Discussed
- What are two tools you can use to improve your SEO ranking?
- When starting out, how can you build positive reviews?
- Veronica’s tactic for obtaining referrals in a niche market!
- The best way to deal with negative feedback.
- What does she do with leftover fabric?
- And much more!
Veronica’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
People’s Soap Company– handmade, natural soaps
Best ways to reach Veronica
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: