Merlin’s Beard Products is run by business partners Chris and Rob and with a product line that consists (at the time of our convo) of 15 items, they have built a very successful online and offline business.
Chris is my guest this week and I think you’ll enjoy hearing how they started and have grown their business to where it is today.
They are also in the process of launching a second shop – Camelot’s Finest, a wood working store that will offer all handmade kitchen items and drinking accessories made from reclaimed bourbon barrels – and we talk all about how they lessons they learned from building their shop has helped them with the second one.
One of the things I found quite intriguing was how Chris and Rob have turned some firmly – held beliefs about selling on Etsy on their head, specifically, that you have to stock your Etsy shop with lots of products to get found for more stuff and to be successful… Not so, in the case of Merlin’s Beard Products.
- Etsy Wholesale on-boarding experience
- Testing out products locally before taking them online
- Forming partnership with local businesses
- Creating an ecommerce site with Shopify
- Thinking outside the box when it comes to craft fairs and vendor shows
- And more…
- Bespoke Post – subscription-based theme-driven boxes and products
- Marmalead – Etsy keyword analysis tool
- Kit – “internet marketing made easy” tool
Merlin’s Beard Products Limited Time Offer
Merlin’s Beard Products Promo code for Etsy Convo listeners: Use coupon code “EtsyConvo” (no quotes) to get 15% off your purchase in Merlin’s Beard Products shop until 12/31/2015… Just in time to do your Christmas shopping for the men in your life!
- Etsy convo: Merlin’s Beard Products
- Email: MerlinsBeardProducts [at] gmail [dot] com OR Chris [at] CamelotsFinest [dot] com
Chris’ Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Arctic Brick Company – father and son Etsy shop that sells custom Lego ornaments
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com