Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Marilyn Pham is/was a COVID bride (meaning, her wedding plans were thrown for a loop when the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 struck). But she didn’t let that stop her.
The concept for her Etsy shop – Gemini Fusion – was birthed during the pandemic when she and her fiancé were challenged with cancelling their plans for a destination wedding.
In the midst of planning a smaller scale wedding, she decided to make herself a bridal denim jacket and what started off as just a little “pick-me-up” for herself not only accomplished that goal but has now turned into a busy and growing Etsy-based business.
After doing some research on Pinterest and finding that other brides were looking for just what she was making (as a way to splurge or treat themselves since their weddings were postponed or cancelled), she created Gemini Fusion with the goal of restoring the wedding excitement in brides through personalized denim jackets they could wear now and on their big day.
- Inventory management and figuring things out as a new seller in a booming niche
- Time management while working a full-time job and running a busy Etsy shop
- Getting ideas and inspiration for new designs
- Pricing strategies and gauging competition in a competitive niche
- Working with a business consultant
- Dealing with negative feedback/reviews as a new Etsy seller and learning and growing from such experiences
- Future plans for Gemini Fusion (tune in again in about a year for a catch-up episode) 🙂
- And more…
Marilyn’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Meshka Design – shop by Malgorzata Manka-Opieczonek where she sells customized mother-of-the-bride and mother-of-the-groom gifts as well as wedding purses. Check out her shop and let her know Marilyn sent you.
- Joelle Choe – business consultant that Marilyn worked with to help get up and running and gain quick traction in her business
- Canva – online photo editing and graphic design software
- Google Sheets – for inventory management