Suzanne Urban is my guest this week and she’s built a business on humour and spreading it around.
She runs the Etsy shops Smirking Goddess Studio and Suzanne Urban Art and transitioned from a traditional 9-t0-5 job working for a greeting card company into full-time entrepreneurship a few years ago.
Her journey hasn’t been without its ups and downs and learning from things that didn’t go as planned or weren’t up to snuff and in our conversation this week, you’ll hear just how Suzanne navigated through the waters of being her own boss and a small business owner.
We talk about:
- Outsourcing tasks and then bringing them back in-house
- Running multiple Etsy shops
- Handling social media and strategies that work for her
- Details about Suzanne’s day-to-day life as a business owner
- Etsy teams and what it’s like to be part of a really good one
- And lots more
Resources Mentioned & Recommended by Suzanne
- Creative Live – Lisa Jacobs’ course (affiliate link)
- Launch Grow Joy with Andreea Matei (formerly Ayers)
- Cory Huff – The Abundant Artist
- The Nutmeg Collective Etsy Team (a local Connecticut Etsy team) – led by Kristen Skelton of Milo and Molly Etsy shop
- Etsy Rank
- Doodlers Anonymous
- Matt Archambault – a teacher at Visual Arts. Check out his YouTube Channel
- Vintage HiFi Museum (Suzanne’s husband’s museum)
Suzanne’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Barbara Spark of Blue Mountain Studios – a former nutmegger who now lives in California :). Her daughter is the comedy writer in LA that Suzanne mentioned in our conversation.
Best Ways to Reach Suzanne
- Etsy shop convo: Smirking Goddess Studio or Suzanne Urban Art
- Social media: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
- Email: SuzanneUrbanDesigns [at] gmail [dot] com
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: