You’ve heard the saying, “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure,” but have you ever considered turning actually making a business using that philosophy? Today’s featured shop, Maine-ly Fish Prints, has done just that!
Maine-ly Fish Prints was founded by Liz and Mike, a couple who have a true passion for preserving the environment. Living in Maine, they have seen the ins and outs of lobster fishing. Liz noticed the beautiful colors of the lobster rope, and thought she could create something with the materials that would otherwise go to waste.
At Maine-ly Fish Prints, Liz and Mike craft beautiful rope products from the reclaimed lobster rope. They provide sustainable doormats, dog toys, bottle openers, and more.
Liz and Mike felt that Etsy was the perfect platform for starting their business. As existing Etsy customers, they knew it would be a good fit. Today, they also run their own e-commerce website.
On this episode of the Etsy Conversations podcast, Liz and Mike share the lessons they’ve learned running an e-commerce business, including their Twitter strategy, why they always have extra inventory, and how they balance the creative and business aspects of their company. Don’t miss all of that plus more insight from Liz and Mike on episode 126 of Etsy Convesations!
Tweetable: “The important thing is just to start.”
Maine-ly Fish Prints – Topics Discussed
- How to balance running an Etsy shop and an e-commerce website.
- How you can start running pay-per-click ad campaigns, and why you should.
- What social media platforms yield the largest return?
- How did Liz know it was the right time to leave her job and focus exclusively on her business?
- What did Liz learn about photography immediately with their Etsy shop?
- And more!
Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
Tow Leash – dog leashes crafted from reclaimed climbing rope.
Best ways to reach Liz and Mike
- Maine-ly Fish Prints Etsy Shop
- Maine-ly Fish Prints Website
- Maine-ly Fish Prints on Twitter
- Maine-ly Fish Prints on Facebook
- Maine-ly Fish Prints on Instagram
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources… (and some are FREE!):