Carly runs the Etsy shop Pendant Place Store and this is her third Etsy store.
In our convo, only do we discuss the lessons learned from a serial Etsy shop owner, but Carly brings so much to the table when it comes to selling on Etsy and figuring out what works and what doesn’t for her (and maybe for you too).
You’ll quickly learn that Carly is very passionate about certain things and I love that because her enthusiasm is infectious.
We talk about how she’s honed in on providing excellent customer experiences, which by the way, Etsy says is one of the factors in showing up well in Etsy search and she shares some actual examples of good and not-so-good instances where she’s had the opportunity grow her sales through good customer service.
Are you struggling with or confused by Facebook ads? I know I am… Carly has studied this thoroughly and very patiently goes through a walkthrough of how we can set up successful ads on Facebook. Heads up… You’ll have to pause and open up your Facebook account and follow along but it will definitely be worth your while 🙂
We also discuss:
- Getting media attention and other benefits of joining Renae Christine’s Handmade Titan University
- What Carly did/does to ensure the success of her current Etsy shop
- How to handle unsatisfied customers and still grow your sales in the process
- Etsy prototype teams
- Marketing tips for sellers and Etsy itself.. (Etsy HQ folks: It’s all very constructive 🙂 )
- And a lot more… It’s an almost 2-hr episode, so trust me, there is a lot more we discuss
- Previous Etsy Conversations Podcast Episodes:
- Tailwind – Instagram and Pinterest scheduling tool
- Smart Social Creative – educational information for business owners and entrepreneurs specifically focused on Pinterest and hashtags
- Ellen DeGeneres’ new show feature Etsy Finds
Carly’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- Sheer Joy Scents – Joy Roberts makes and sells soy wax candles
- Jonara Blu Maui Jewelry – Jamee Jones makes beachy boho jewelry
Connect With Carly
Connect With Me:
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: