Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Alicia developed a love of metal which eventually led her from the fashion world into the world of fine and costume jewelry, all the while never intending to sell it… Fortunately, that’s not how the story ended.
She runs the Etsy shop Lingua Nigra and has been on Etsy since the really early days.
It’s rather fascinating to hear in our convo just how different things used to be back then and I couldn’t help feeling a bit nostalgic about some the things that Etsy has since let go of.
But onward and forward Alicia has gone and forged a very successful and fulfilling creative path for herself.
Now she’s also showing other makers the way by teaching classes around the country.
- How Alicia pivoted her career path from fashion to jewelry
- From early days selling on Etsy and some comparisons between then and now
- Varying styles of artist education
- Learning the entrepreneurial side of running a jewelry business
- Felling comfortable enough to strike out on her own
- And more…
- Alicia’s features in the Etsy blog and Seller Handbook
- My conversation with Robert Trujillo in Episode 312
Connect With Alicia
- Etsy shop: Lingua Nigra
- Website: LinguaNigra.com
- Instagram: @linguanigra
Wanna Support The Podcast?
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast