Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Brian Florip runs the Etsy shop Florip Workshop where he sells his handcrafted wooden items, in particular, Plinko games, frames, and thread racks for quilters.
He started woodworking 20 years ago and after taking a 13-year break, he picked it back up again (you’ll hear in our convo just what led to him getting back into woodworking).
Things were going well, he even hired some neighborhood kids to help out with some tasks and then the COVID pandemic hit, and it was a direct hit on his business.
Listen to our convo to hear how Brian was able to make adjustments and is coming out on top; and here’s a little hint… It involves his lovely wife Shannon (pictured here with Brian) 🙂
- Connecting with companies to create custom Plinko boards
- Doing research before opening an Etsy shop – what Brian did and what other sellers can learn from his experience
- Using social media vs. Etsy Ads (formerly known as “Promoted Listings”)
- Learning search and buying trends of customers
- Contacting UPS for special rates
- Life cycle of new products and product lines
- And much more…
Brian’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut:
- PrintChicShop – run by Annie and she sells custom signage and decals. Stop by and let her know Brian sent you.
- UPS Marketplace – the hub for UPS shipping solutions
- UPS account manager phone number – you’ll hear Brian talk about how having a UPS account manager helped him get really good shipping rates that aren’t available publicly. I did some research to find a phone number you can call to request an account manager but it turns out that you first have to open an account with UPS (they’re free, by the way).
- Label printer – here’s the one I use (I think Brian uses this one as well). The price has gone up significantly since I first bought mine but I promise you, it’s worth every penny.
- Upwork – a site to find freelance workers such as virtual assistants to help with administrative business tasks
Connect With Brian
- Etsy shop: Florip Workshop
- Website: FloripWorkshop.com
- Social media: