Whether you’re a U.S.-based seller or you’re a seller based outside the U.S., when it comes to money, the states want their cut. There have been some significant changes in how it all works now so it’s time to get caught up on the latest sales tax updates for Etsy sellers.
It’s been three years since we last spoke but I couldn’t think of anyone better to come back on the podcast to help demystify this whole sales tax business and the new regulations that have gone into effect over the past year than Mark Faggiano.
Mark is the CEO of TaxJar, an online solution that helps automate sales tax calculation, reporting and filing for ecommerce sellers. And yes! TaxJar integrates seamlessly with Etsy in literally one click.
I last talked with Mark back in 2015, that was Episode 86, about sales taxes and how TaxJar can help sellers when it comes to tracking and filing these taxes. Well, a LOT has changed since then and it can be very confusing for most sellers and that’s why I invited Mark back on the podcast.
This is really important stuff we need to know and I think it’s best to be empowered with the knowledge to make informed decisions and stay compliant with the agencies that monitor these things.
We started at the very beginning to give you some background, here’s some of what you’ll hear us discuss:
- Nexus… What is it really and how does it affect you as an Etsy seller?
- Triggers for when and where to file sales taxes
- Where to begin when it comes to getting into compliance with tax regulations
- The whole WA/PA tax collection confusion clarified
- International sellers… You’re not immune from all this… 🙁 What you need to know
- How TaxJar can help you as an Etsy seller
- And much more…
- TaxJar – sign up for a free 30-day trial. There’s no obligation and no activation fees, also, you can cancel anytime.
- TaxJar knowledge base
Connect With TaxJar Support
- Email: success [at] TaxJar [dot] com
- Thank you so much to Rene who runs the Etsy shop Tripawds for lighting a friendly fire under me to talk about this on the podcast and help educate other sellers about these new regulations. You can hear my convo with Rene in Episode 131 that first aired back in June 2016.
**As mentioned in the podcast, I have included my affiliate links for TaxJar. I get a referral commission which goes towards supporting the podcast but costs you absolutely nothing when you click through and sign up for the service through any of the links above.
Connect With Me:
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: