Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Joelle Poulos runs the Etsy shop Joelle’s Emporium and she’s been selling on Etsy since she was just 16 years old. Now five years into her Etsy journey, she makes her full-time living selling her handmade art in various forms, both on Etsy and through her own ecommerce website – JoellesPoulos.com.
Her handmade business affords her the opportunity to travel the world at will and I’m pleased to have her back home in the United Kingdom as my guest this week on the podcast.
Joelle is an artist and a photographer (a skill that has come in very handy for her when it comes to product photography), and having multiple creative outlets has afforded her the benefit of being able to make her living using her different creative skills.
She sells temporary tattoos, art prints, stickers, apparel, and more in her Etsy shop and through her ecommerce website. On her blog she focuses on photography and SEO.
In her own words:
I love to maintain my creativity but still make a living from it
Joelle’s Emporium – Topics Discussed
- Starting off slowly then finding a product that strikes a chord on Etsy
- SEO for Etsy success made really, really simple… And free!
- Dealing with unhappy customers
- …and much much more
- ViralWoot (formerly PinWoot) – for generating traffic (and more) through Pinterest
- Wanelo, StoreWoot, and Pinterest – additional ways to promote your Etsy shop
- Freelancer, Upwork, and Bark (this one is a local UK site) – good places to find freelance photographers to help with your product photography
- Here’s an article Joelle wrote on her blog about how she does her Etsy SEO and gets great results: Etsy SEO Tips
Best way to reach Joelle
- Website: JoellePoulos.com
- Etsy shop: Joelle’s Emporium
- Social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Joelle’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- SimkaSol – Run by Sara Charles, she hand-illustrates, prints and sews her own brand of unique vagabond-style clothing and accessories. Please check out her shop and let her know Joelle sent you! 🙂
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com