My guest this week is Agatha Whitechapel and I’m a tad bit envious of her “Bond girl” name. Agatha is a London-born collage-photographer and filmmaker living in Vienna, Austria.
She constantly sources and collect props and costumes to style and create her images and films. They would then end up in storage for years after being used until things got so bad that she started living in her warehouse!
It was then that the concept for Etsy shop was borne. She turned to Etsy as a means of finding new homes for her collections.
Agatha offers her buyers a view to the previous lives of their purchases, through her website – AgathaWhitechapel.com – where they can see in pictures how their new acquirements once lived and as a way for them to own a piece of the artwork.
In her own words:
“I love all things colourful and fantastical and which tell me a story”
Customers of the Itchy Flea can request items they see in her pictures, if they are not already listed in my shop.
- Etsy shop Immortal Longings – Agatha’s friend who introduced her to Etsy.
Best ways to reach Agatha:
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos & Etsy shop promos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com