Podcast: Play in new window | Download
My guest this week is Tayyaba “T” and she runs the Etsy shop Reserved Only. I read an article she wrote on the Etsy Rank blog – Getting Over A Bad Review – and I immediately connected with her experience because I had gone through a similar situation.
Her article was consoling to me because, even though I knew in my head that the situation was not unique to me, it really did help to hear someone else verbalize their experience and know that I really wasn’t alone.
Now, if you pay attention to the emails you receive from Etsy, you might also recognize Tayyaba from an email that Etsy sent out back in July of this year. It was a letter informing the seller community about net neutrality and asking us to take action.
Unfortunately I can’t link to the actual letter she wrote but check out the screenshot of it below.
In our conversation, we discuss:
- The Etsy Change Makers group, how Tayyaba got involved and what the mission of the group is
- Importance of branding and packaging
- The inspiration behind her product lines >> creating functional and classic gifts
- Dealing with creative ruts, less-than-perfect reviews, and other situations unique to small business owners
- Etsy shop promotion >> social media marketing, Etsy Promoted Listings, and the ROI from these
- Net neutrality… What is it and why should you as an Etsy seller be concerned?
- And much more…
- Etsy Rank – a suite of free tools for Etsy sellers to help run and grow your Etsy-based business
- Etsy On Sale – tool for running sales in your Etsy shop; also has some bulk-editing functionality
- Later – app for scheduling social media posts
Tayyaba’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Maker Mountain Fabrics – Grace Pollak runs this Etsy shop and T loves the fabrics she offers. Grace sells fabric for apparel and quilting… Please hop over to her shop and check it out, tell her T sent you 🙂
- Etsy shop: Reserved Only
- Website: ReservedOnly.com
- Instagram: @ReservedOnlyShop
- Email: ReservedOnlyShop [at] gmail [dot] com
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: