Many of us dream of getting our products into retail stores and on major ecommerce websites, but we often don’t know where to start. Having your products sold by companies like Sears, Best Buy, and Bed Bath & Beyond often feels like a pipe-dream.
This week I have a returning guest, Cyndi Blais, of the Etsy shop Funktional Wearables where she sells jewelry for fitness trackers like the FitBit. We’re talking all about growing your brand and how she has successfully done that.
You may remember my earlier conversation with Cyndi from 2015 when we talked about why she niched down from selling health and fitness products to focusing on just fitness tracker accessories specifically, and provided a ton of helpful information and resources for Etsy sellers.
If you missed that episode, I recommend checking it out. It’s Episode 81.
This week, I’m catching up with Cyndi to see how her business has grown and evolved over the last 18 months. I must say, this interview has been incredibly informative and insightful!
Since our last conversation, Funktional Wearables has grown exponentially – now with products being sold in retail stores like Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond, and (hopefully) soon Best Buy!
Wow… That’s huge!
Although she’s seen massive success in her business, Cyndi is still a “down to earth” kind of gal and she still holds Etsy close to her heart. In fact, she attributes much of her success to Etsy, since that’s where her products got their start!
I’m sure you’ll love this interview as much as I have and hopefully you’ll learn many great, inspirational lessons from Cyndi’s story.
Get out there… Approach retail stores… The faster you do it, the better. ~ Cyndi Blais, Funktional Wearables
Funktional Wearables – Topics Discussed
- Which e-commerce platforms are the most time-consuming and which give Cyndi the highest return.
- How the selling fees on Amazon compare to those on Etsy.
- Why she continues to sell on Etsy even after finding success with other platforms and in retail stores.
- How she got started selling in retail stores.
- How her product line has grown with the introduction of new fitness trackers.
- Outsourcing and hiring – how she finds qualified employees.
- Marketing tips, strategies, and service providers.
- The advantages and disadvantages of running an Etsy shop and her own e-commerce website.
- Wholesale selling outside of Etsy.
- How she gained traction on eBay.
- Her mindset about big name competition, like Vera Wang, launching products within her niche.
- How she finds time to plan a wedding while running a business.
Best Ways to Reach Cyndi
- E-Commerce Stores: Funktional Wearables | Etsy
- Phone: (858) 935-9105
- Email: info [at] funktionalwearables [dot] com
- Social Media: Funktional Wearables Instagram | CyndiFunk Instagram | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: