Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Sarah Miller runs the Etsy shop Seaside Harmony Design where she makes and sells ocean-inspired enamel silver and copper jewelry.
Sarah credits jewelry making as one of the critical factors in her recovery from severe postpartum depression after the birth of her second child.
After leaving a career in law enforcement Sarah was at home struggling to cope with her new role as stay-at-home mom and decided to take a wire-wrapping jewelry class. This opened up the flood doors to her creativity and well, let me just say, the rest is history-in-the-making.
The trajectory of her journey is what we get to talk about in her convo this week.
She started off selling at local fairs then eventually moved onto Etsy. After a stalled beginning and learning some hard lessons along the way, she’s finding success both on Etsy and in her Shopify store – Seaside Harmony Jewelry.
- Pros and cons of selling at local fairs
- Deciding on/picking a niche within jewelry-making
- Investing in equipment for your craft
- Connecting with and supporting fellow crafters and artisans within and beyond the Etsy community
- Sarah’s journey to figuring out her pricing sweet spot
- Experimenting with Etsy Ads and social media for Etsy shop promotion
- And much more…
- Craftcation – conference for crafters and handmade business owners
- Soham Harrison’s YouTube channel – enamel artist on YouTube
- Shopify – ecommerce website-building platform
- Create & Thrive podcast by Jess Van Den and she also runs a paid membership community for creative business owners called Thriver Circle
- Buffer – app for scheduling social media posts (also comes in a desktop version)
- Mailchimp – email marketing and newsletter system
- Canva – online photo editing and graphic design software
- VistaPrint – online printers of all kinds of marketing materials
Connect With Sarah
- Etsy shop: Seaside Harmony Design
- Website: Seaside Harmony Jewelry
- Social media: Instagram & Facebook
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast