I met Amber and Will on social media… You know how you just connect with some people but you don’t know why…? Well, this was one of those connections, and I’m glad we did.
They run the Etsy shop Rewind Tees where they sell “vintage clothing and tees that will help your pursuit of self-expression and awesomeness”… I lifted that line directly from their Etsy shop because I couldn’t say it better 🙂
When it comes to selling vintage items on Etsy, there are some significant differences than selling handmade items.
In our conversation this week, Will and Amber talk all about their experience as vintage item sellers on the platform and we trade tales because I also sell vintage items.
In our conversation we discuss the following:
- Starting out selling online on eBay and transitioning from eBay to Etsy
- Handling items that sit for a long time
- Sourcing vintage items
- Etsy SEO ~ figuring out how to get set up for success
- Etsy teams ~ selection process & strategies for using teams to grow and gain sales
- Division of labor and how business responsibilities are shared between them
- Pricing and photography strategies
- Etsy shop promotion ~ social media marketing and their experience with Etsy Promoted Listings
- Handling disputes and customer issues
- Will and Amber offer some sage advice to new and struggling vintage sellers
- And many more lessons learned along the way…
- Side Hustle School podcast – podcast that focuses on inspiring folks who want to start a side hustle while still maintaining their full-time day jobs
- GoDaddy Bookkeeping – online bookkeeping and accounting software
- PicMonkey – online photo editing software program… Listen in to hear how Amber and Will have used it in the past to get creative with their product photography
Best Ways to Reach Amber & Will
- Etsy shop: Rewind Tees
- Email: rewindtees [at] gmail [dot] com
- Social media: Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: