Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
James’ love of clay began as a child, he ended up studying Ceramics at Cardiff University in the UK and graduated in 2014.
After that, he became a self taught potter and has now completely taught himself how to throw on the wheel and then some.
James started my Etsy shop Hobbs Ceramics in 2015 but didn’t really start focusing on it until 2019.
Currently, he is also operating his own website in addition to his Etsy shop and brings his experience in the luxury retail into his business.
You’ll hear more about this when we talk about how he creates a luxurious experience for his customers even from a distance.
- Using PayPal for commissioned work
- Handling inventory tracking and inventory management
- Time management and handling day-to-day business activities and administrative duties
- Determining product pricing and finding a balance with shipping
- Dealing with creative ruts and mental blocks as an artist
- Keys to getting set up for success on Etsy
- And more…
James’ Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Pots About Pottery – run by Mel Edwards where she sells her bespoke functional handmade pottery.
- PayPal Business – offers a nice seamless invoicing system
- Sticker Mule – sell branded craft tape and other branded materials
- VistaPrint – sell business cards, postcards, and other small business branding items