Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Whitney is a relatively new vintage seller who opened an Instagram shop in April 2021, after being furloughed then quitting her job as a nurse.
She opened her Etsy shop – ThriftyWhitneyShop – in December 2021, and then launched her own website at ThriftyWhitney.com where she focuses on selling vintage home decor and textiles sourced from the Midwest.
In our convo, Whitney shares her strategy for how she is currently cross posting items to her website (which she created on Shopify), Etsy and eBay. She drives a lot of her own traffic from her Instagram profile and we chat about engagement on IG and Whitney shares tips that others can use to do the same.
Whitney’s unique strategy is to list new items on her website every Sunday, then drip the unsold items onto the other platforms throughout the week. We do a deep dive into how she has set this up and she shares how it’s working for also.
If you’re a vintage seller and you have a desire to open your ecommerce store on Shopify but are overwhelmed by all the details, listen in to hear Whitney share what she has learned in her own experience of doing this and I really think you’ll be encouraged and walk away with some very actionable tips that you can also replicate for your own business.
Whitney’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- TheAntiqueHer – an antique and vintage shop run by Kelsey where she sells a wide variety of very unique vintage and antique finds.
- Sellbrite – cross-listing tool for selling items on multiple platforms
- PirateShip – platform for getting discount shipping
- The Insta Retreat 2.0 – Instagram by Me & Orla
- ScrapsKC – recycling and upcycling store
- Not Your Dad’s CPA – has free spreadsheets for Etsy sellers
- Made On The Common – detailed bookkeeping spreadsheets for Etsy and ecommerce sellers by Sarah – listen to my convo with Sara here!
- Wave Apps – free high-quality tools for accounting and invoicing
Connect With Whitney
- Instagram: @thrifty_whitney
- Email: whit [at] thriftywhitney [dot] com
- Etsy shop: Thrifty Whitney Shop
- Website: ThriftyWhitney.com