Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Greater Goods Vintage is, in shop owner Mikala’s words “a blind effort to create a cohesive, curated collection with the intent to use fabulous style to bring attention to and support charities who are doing a great job”.
Mikala does this by following her 3-Step Plan to Save the World With Vintage, and yes, in our convo she lays out the exact plan and how she is working it right now.
Mikala has a background in non-profit fundraising and so she has a real passion for helping charitable organizations that are doing good. This played a huge role in the founding goal and the intent/mission behind Greater Goods Vintage which is to show people how little it takes to make positive lasting change…
She does this by donating 10% of the proceeds she receives from all sales in her shop to the various charitable organizations she chooses to support.
Greater Goods Vintage: Topics Discussed
- Mikala’s process for selecting/vetting charitable organizations to support
- Jumping into Etsy “blindly” vs. strategically planning entry onto Etsy
- Vintage shopping vs. Thrifting… One and the same, or is there a difference
- Time management and organization for full-time work from home business
- …and much much more
- SEVA Foundation – Mikala supports various charitable organizations at different times, this is the one she is currently supporting (as of the date of our convo)
- Paperly People (Tara Jacobsen’s Etsy shop)
- Vintage Fashion Guild
Mikala’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Jumblelaya – run by Jennifer Fleck where she sells, in her own words, “passionately pretty vintage clothing”
Best Ways to Reach Mikala
- Etsy shop: Greater Goods Vintage
- Website: GreaterGoodsVintage.com
- Email: GreaterGoodsVintage [at] gmail [dot] com
- Social media: Instagram
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com