UPDATE: At the time this conversation was originally recorded, Tammy was selling her “Front Page Guide to Etsy” course for $25. Just prior to the episode going live, I found out that the price had been increased to $97. Unfortunately, she will no longer be honoring the price mentioned in our conversation. However, if you’re still interested in purchasing the course at the current price of $97, you can get a 25% discount if you use the code “convome”. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and may cause anyone who attempts to purchase the course.
One of the major pain points for many Etsy sellers is figuring out an online – and offline – marketing approach that fits their needs, their niche, and their budget. So, this week, I’ve invited fellow crafter and founder of Cannon Online Marketing, Tammy Cannon, to join me on the show to share her insight on what Etsy sellers can do to market and promote their products to get ranked on the first page of Etsy’s search results.
Yes… you read that correctly!
Tammy has over 20 years of experience in the marketing and promotions industry – as well as the crafting niche. Her company, Cannon Online Marketing, is dedicated to teaching and helping creative entrepreneurs get the most out of their online marketing efforts.
She is a regular contributor to the Social Media Examiner blog and has been featured numerous times by The Huffington Post. Additionally, Tammy has contributed to Weebly’s Inspiration column so you can rest assured that she has a good idea about marketing and social media.
Tammy has taught hundreds of creative entrepreneurs and Etsy business owners how to maximize their online marketing strategy to increase their gross income and take their businesses to the next level.
Its important that business owners learn how to do social media marketing themselves so they can hire someone, maybe in-house, to do it for them.” – Tammy Cannon
- Finding the social media platform(s) that you feel most comfortable with
- Finding which social media platform your customers are hanging out on
- The best social media platform for most creative entrepreneurs and Etsy sellers
- Similarities between searching on Etsy and searching on Google
- Figuring out how your target customers are searching on Etsy
- Using the Google Keyword Planner
- What you will learn in The Front Page Guide to Etsy Course
- Whether or not you should try to have all your products on the first page of Etsy – or just a few
- Why Etsy sellers want to look for highly competitive keywords when using Google Keyword Planner
- Common business mistakes many shop owners and creative entrepreneurs make
- Why blogging is important to growing your business and driving traffic
- How to maximize the power of Pinterest to drive traffic to your website, blog, or shop
Get in Touch w/Tammy
- Website: Cannon Online Marketing
- Courses: The Front Page Guide to Etsy Course
- Social Media: Girlfriend’s Guide to Social Media Facebook Group | Instagram
- Podcast: iTunes | Website
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: