Anna is my guest this week and she and I met on Twitter when she responded to a podcast episode where I mentioned leaving Twitter…
Of course, now I guess I can’t leave Twitter because meeting her was one of the good things that has come out of being on the platform 🙂
Anna runs the Etsy shop Anna Fine Jewellery where she sells ethical wedding and engagement rings.
She’s a true one-woman business and makes each and every piece by hand, something she learned to do when she studied Jewellery and Silversmithing at the prestigious Birmingham School of Jewellery.
That’s Birmingham, UK, hence the reason I am spelling it as “jewellery” rather than “jewelry” 🙂
Yep… This week we’re taking another voyage across the pond, all the way to the beautiful Malvern Hills in the United Kingdom. Hopefully one day I will get to actually visually confirm in person that the Hills of Malvern truly are beautiful 🙂
We talk about many things, from what it means to run a truly 100% handmade business alone, to strategies for catering to a popular and highly competitive market like the wedding industry.
You’ll also hear us discuss:
- Anna’s journey to Etsy from being a secondary school teacher
- Ethical wedding and engagement rings… What are they and why?
- Time management and handling unexpected (but very welcome) business growth and family life
- Determining product pricing and charging what one is comfortable with
- The ins and outs of shipping high-end jewellery
- Etsy shop promotion >> combining social media marketing and live in-person events
- Anna’s experience with Pattern by Etsy
- Participating in local wedding fairs >> Adjusting product line to align with different flavours of different fairs… To do or not to do?
- A unique strategy Anna uses to ensure that she gets paid for time spent with “window shoppers” and simultaneously increases the chances of turning them into paying customers… It’s brilliant!!
- Anna’s strategies for organically growing her business, and how you might be able to do the same
- And much much more…
- Folksy – a UK-based alternative handmade selling platform (alternative to Etsy)
- Free Agent – a UK-based accounting software solutions platform
- Etsy shop: Anna Fine Jewellery
- Website: AnnaFineJewellery.co.uk
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: