Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Any creative person with a strong desire for an outlet for their creativity will relate very easily to Nicole’s story.
She’s going from tax accounting to graphic design and doing so very well in her Etsy shop Lost In Lettering.
Nicole started her Etsy shop in late 2017 and it was meant to be her creative outlet that would hopefully earn her some additional income on the side…
She hit the right combination of creating a product that people wanted and showing up at the right time and at the time we had our cnovo, she was well on her way to 600 sales… And that’s in less than a year!
Naturally, I couldn’t wait to share her story on the podcast so you could gain some inspiration from her own Etsy journey.
Nicole started off selling all digital downloads and has since branched out, primarily due to customer demand, into selling physical products as well. What I really like about how Nicole made the decision to expand her product line is that she responded to what the market was asking for.
That makes such a difference in our success on Etsy.
We talk all about how that came about and what she did to scale in the right direction and the right way for her own unique business. We also discuss:
- Getting support from our significant others (and just how much we appreciate that)
- Turning points and pivotal moments in business
- How Nicole uses her Etsy planner to stay on track (see a link to it in the Resources section below)
- Trends in Etsy sales and contributing factors
- Importance of adding fresh product listings to our Etsy shops
- Licensing and use criteria for digital downloads
- Social media marketing and Etsy SEO for shop promotion
- Time management and time spent on Etsy shop… How Nicole manages it all
- And lots more…
Nicole’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Danielle of Bliss Paper Boutique – she sells paper goods and stationery templates and her photography is seriously out of this world…
- Nicole’s Etsy Seller Planner
- Graphic design software – Adobe Illustrator
- Photo and graphics editing software – Canva, PicMonkey
- Online market for fonts and clip art – Creative Market
- Etsy seller supprt/resource group – Subscriber Tribe by Jenni Waldrop
- Previous Etsy Conversations Podcast episodes mentioned – Ep. 213 w/Michelle Rohr and Ep. 236 w/Rashel Fitchett
- Etsy keyword research tool – Marmalead
Connect With Nicole
- Etsy shop convo: Lost In Lettering
- Email: LostInLettering [at] gmail [dot] com
- Social media: Instagram, Pinterest
Please take a minute to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please also tell a friend out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: