If you read Michelle’s life story, one of the first things that will stand out to you is her declaration of a profound revelation she had one day… That she had “lived the same year twice”…
When I read that statement I was immediately drawn and wanted to learn more.
This week, I am pleased to introduce you to Michelle Rohr, she’s a very successful Etsy seller, her shop is Secret OWL Society and she also runs her own independent website SecretOWLSociety (but it’s much more than just a website/blog)
…And if that wasn’t enough, she teaches other sellers how to successfully sell printables on Etsy, something she has been doing successfully for the past few years.
Michelle and I talk about a lot of topics that are germane to Etsy sellers and she comes with a fresh perspective on how to handle a lot of issues/situations many sellers face.
In our conversation, we discuss the following:
- Learning and getting inspiration from other successful Etsy sellers
- Mailing lists – the benefits of having one (Side note: if you don’t have one yet, you really need to start building one up) and selling to your mailing list
- Marketing your product over and over again
- An in-depth discussion of Pinterest marketing and how Michelle has successfully used it to drive thousands of dollars in sales
- The importance of picking just one social media platform to focus on
- Michelle’s S.O.S. Club and other community offerings
- Michelle’s course “Passive Income with Printables“
- So much more…
I’d like to give a special ShoutOut to Kristie Chiles whom we mention at the beginning of our conversation. I found out about Michelle through one of Kristie’s YouTube videos, you can watch it here. Kristie is also an Etsy seller and you can check out her Etsy shop – Heart of Sunshine Mugs.
- iPad Pro and Apple Pencil (affiliate links) – Michelle’s current faves
- Slack – platform for communicating with a team and/or clients
- MailChimp – email marketing software
- Apple Pages and PicMonkey (affiliate link) – software for designing printables
- Michelle’s course – Passive Income with Printables
- **Use the coupon code “50-yay” (without quotes) to get a $50 discount on the course price. Coupon code is good until March 31st, 2018**
- Pinterest course Michelle took – The Power of Pinning by Melanie Duncan (Side note: I checked out the course sales page and it doesn’t appear to have been updated since 2015 so the course might be outdated as a lot has changed on Pinterest in the last 5 years… I don’t know for sure as I have not taken it myself and Michelle took it a while ago)
- Email: MichelleRohr [at] SecretOwlSociety [dot] org
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: