Lone Rehnström is based in Aarhus, Denmark and she’s been selling on Etsy since 2017 in her Etsy shop Hundekollektivet. In that time, she’s been able to quit her day job and make selling on Etsy her full-time job.
I love Lone’s story because not only do we get to talk about finding early success on Etsy, we also dive into some aspects of selling on Etsy that are unique to non-US-based sellers.
Lone sells dog accessories and she started out making them for her own dog Irma… Selling these accessories on Etsy was not even on her radar until someone actually reached out to her on social asking if she sold them… And that’s where the story begins.
Listen in to hear Lone tell it in her own words. Additionally, we also discuss the following:
- Collaborating with retail shops and dog shows to increase sales
- Selling through Pattern by Etsy – maintaining a PBE site
- A typical day in Lone’s business life
- Scaling her business and what that looks like for Lone and Hundekollektivet
- Knowing when to shut down a product line
- Balancing customer satisfaction with staying true to your brand
- And lots lots more…
Lone’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- ArtAble by Minna – this is Lone’s sister-on-law Minna’s Etsy shop and in it she sells her original handmade colorful and playful art prints. Stop by and check it out and let her know Lone sent you 🙂
- Shopify and Pattern by Etsy – for building your own ecommerce website
- Etsify – app for importing your Etsy listings into your Shopify site
- Dinero – bookkeeping software that Lone uses, works for Danish ecommerce sellers
Connect With Lone
Connect With Me:
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: