Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Tonya Cross is the visionary and accessory designer behind Accented Glory which she launched on Etsy in 2015 with her three daughters.
They make handcrafted women’s fashion accessories, with a specialty in natural hair accessories and Afrocentric jewelry designs with cowrie shells being a prominent feature in the designs.
She landed on her niche after noticing that hair accessories in retail stores catered to young girls and were not natural hair friendly.
In response to this, Tonya created a brand that offers hair accessories for adult women with natural hair, created with materials that minimize damage to textured hair, provides a comfortable wear, and endures natural hair care regimens.
For her brand products, she chooses fabrics and materials that don’t cause friction with kinky, coily, and curly hair and assist in maintaining healthy tresses. We talk about Tonya’s strategy for ensuring successful sales of her products by first ensuring that every design and product is test worn prior to hitting the shelves to ensure that they are not only stylish but comfortable as well to wear.
In addition to Etsy, Tonya also sells her products on Amazon Handmade and her designs have been featured on Essence, Martha Stewart Shop, and Refinery29.
Tonya’s Etsy Shop/Business ShoutOut
- Akilah Thompson-Robinson of Girl Get Visible – she’s an SEO coach and she coached Tonya on how to get her brand visible in search engines. You’ll hear Tonya talk about how her coaching has helped make organic search one of her main traffic drivers.
Connect With Tonya
- Social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube
- Accented Glory Naturals Facebook group
- Etsy shop: Accented Glory
- Website: AccentedGlory.com
Wanna Support The Podcast?
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast