Have you ever seen one of those beautiful tiered china plate decorations? Ever wondered how those plates are made?
As a crafter, you probably have, and today’s guest has discovered a way to create those beautiful masterpieces. Lauree Sayne, runs the Etsy shop Dancing Dish and Décor, and in this replay of our first conversation Lauree explains her process for creating these unique, beautiful table decorations.
Lauree shares the story of her journey to becoming an Etsy seller and how when she first discovered Etsy. Even though she did not really have much of interest in the platform at first, it wasn’t until her sister opened a shop to help promote and support her husband’s photography business that she really sat up and took notice.
After her sister decided to close her Etsy shop, Lauree decided to take another look at the platform and launched her shop selling beautifully hand-crafted decorative tiered china plates. She explains that what changed her mind and motivated her to open her shop was a desire to “do something more than just sell locally.”
Dancing Dish and Décor is still going strong since it was first opened in 2013.
Lauree explains the process that she uses to create and design the items she sells and the types of precautions she takes to ensure she is working in a safe environment. She also shares an interesting tool to help Etsy team owners build treasuries for their teams but since Etsy has now nixed treasuries, that’s a moot point.
- How she makes the tiered china plates
- Proper maintenance and care for tiered china dishes
- Managing her time while working full-time and running an Etsy shop
- Finding inspiration for new design ideas and keeping a list of new ideas
- How she promotes her shop and products and which platform gets the most interaction
- How she decided which teams to join
- The importance of personally following up with your customers after fulfilling an order
- Advice to aspiring new Etsy shop owners
- Etsy Teams: FWB – Friends with Benefits Team | Crazy Ads Team
- Marketing & Promotion: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
Best Ways to Reach Lauree
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: