Dennis Blume runs the Etsy shop Rustica Displays and he’s the other half of the Rustica Empire…
Dennis started off helping his wife Linda with her Etsy shop by building displays for her handmade jewelry. Now he’s turned that into a full-time business of his own and together they’re growing what could be a great family brand.
Dennis and Linda both now run their creative businesses and Etsy shops full time but their paths to entrepreneurship have been quite different.
In our convo this week, Dennis shares the story of his own Etsy journey and then some.
- How Dennis got into making jewelry displays
- Serving a B2B vs. B2C customer base
- Advantages of having an Etsy mentor
- Importance of making in-person connections with other sellers
- Time management as a new business owner
- Benefits of using newsletters to get the word out
- Selling at craft shows
- And more…
Dennis’ Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Rustica Jewelry – his wife Linda’s Etsy shop (naturally 🙂 ) where she sells handmade boho jewelry
- Shopify – eCommerce platform-building software
- Boxify app – tool for helping customize shipping on Shopify
Connect with Dennis
- Etsy shop: Rustica Displays
- Email: RusticaDisplays [at] gmail [dot] com
- Website: RusticaJewelry.com
- Social media: Instagram, Facebook
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: