I love going on international trips on the podcast! This week, we’re crossing the pond again and going back the United Kingdom. My guest is Danial Rees and he runs the Etsy shop Zebrano Wood Craft.
Dan’s craft is woodwork and he makes really creative and classy wooden rings. Talk about finding a niche within a niche…. Doing so has helped Dan to really create a nice sustainable business and helped him transition from full-time employment to full-time entrepreneurship and I know we love to hear inspirational stories like his on the podcast.
I found Dan on YouTube on one of my “binge-watch YouTube videos for a couple of hours” days… He makes really creative tutorial videos as well helpful informational videos for other Etsy sellers and I really admire how he freely gives back to the Etsy community from what he has learned through his own personal selling experiences.
In our conversation, you’ll hear us discuss the following…
- Danial’s strategies for promoting his Etsy shop
- What social media marketing tactics have worked really for him and which ones he plans to explore next
- Dan’s story of transitioning from full-time employment to full-time business owner
- Knowing when a product is good enough to sell
- Making a conscious decision to charge higher prices and how to let the market determine your product prices
- Benefits of blogging, creating content, and growing as an influencer…
- Remember: You’re much more than “just an Etsy seller”… Your background and experiences mean you have a lot of value to bring to the table, Danial is a great example of this, and you can be too!
- Danial’s YouTube video: 3 Things You Can Do Everyday To Get More Sales On Etsy
- Yoke Pen Company – a custom pen holder manufacturer
- Instrucables.com – site where Dan posts instructional tutorials
- The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast – Podcast show with Pinterest tips for men (but I’m going to listen anyway because I really want to learn how to do Pinterest well 🙂 )
- Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income’s video: How to Get More Traffic & Followers (#1 Strategy for 2018)
- Marmalead and Etsy Rank
Connect with Danial
- Social media
- Website: www.ZebranoWoodCraft.com
- Etsy shop: Zebrano Wood Craft
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: