Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Nancy Badillo is my guest this week and she shares all about her journey on Etsy. From a background in the digital space, she came onto the platform knowing that marketing would be the lifeblood for growing a successful shop and business on Etsy.
What she learned the hard way were the ins and outs of copyright protection and intellectual property infringement.
If you’ve ever run afoul of Etsy in this way and think you can’t come back from it to grow a successful shop on Etsy and an even more successful business beyond that, then be sure to listen to my convo with Nancy.
You’ll hear how she not only learned how to run her Etsy shop the right way, you’ll also hear what qualifies her now to teach other sellers to find the same success she has on (and eventually, off) Etsy, selling digital art printable products.
- How Nancy helps Etsy sellers and business owners leverage the power of online marketing to scale their businesses
- How planning her own wedding started her Etsy journey
- Early mistakes she made when selling on Etsy (major ones actually) and how she bounced back to make $21K in her first year selling on Etsy and then went on to triple that in her second year of selling on Etsy
- Methods of Etsy shop promotion and strategies that do and don’t work, and why
- How to rise above the competition in any niche on the Etsy marketplace
- Nancy’s signature art printable course and how now could be the perfect time for new or struggling sellers to invest in it
- And so much more…
Nancy’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Leigha’s Way – Etsy shop by Thaleigha Swain where she sells planners and printables for lifestyle, career, finances, and budgeting. Thaleigha is one of Nancy’s course students who has taken what Nancy teaches in her course and run with it.
- You can also find her on Instgram: @leighas_way
- Trademark search tool for the United States – uspto.gov
- Directory of Copyright and Intellectual Property Offices worldwide
- eRank – Etsy research tool
- Creative Market – marketplace for buying clip art, fonts, and the licenses to use them in your printable products
- Etsy360 – plugin for WordPress sites to add your Etsy shop to your website
Connect With Nancy:
- Blog – www.NancyBadillo.com
- Etsy shop – Nancy Marketing Tools
- Email – info [at] nancybadillo [dot] com
- Social media – YouTube Channel
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast